The CR-35iA collaborative robot features six-axis articulation. A soft foam green cover protects workers who are in direct contact with the robot. The robot’s shell is green to distinguish the collaborative robot from the standard yellow FANUC robots.
“The FANUC CR-35iA collaborative robot allows shared workspace between an operator and the interactive robot,” said Greg Buell, product manager, FANUC America. “The highly-sensitive robot gently stops if it comes in contact with the operator, allowing the robot and human to work side by side; in fact, FANUC currently has units running in production at General Motors.”
The CR-35iA robot was developed to help manufacturers solve ergonomic challenges by handling applications that are physically demanding for humans, such as heavy lifting. In the automotive industry, for example, workers are required to lift spare tires into vehicles on the assembly line. “The CR-35iA can work alongside the employees assigned to this task to help reduce injuries associated with repetitive or heavy lifting,” added Buell.
Certified to meet the requirements of ISO 10218-1:2011, FANUC’s CR-35iA collaborative robot can work in a variety of applications alongside human workers including: machine tending, handling heavy payloads that require lift assist devices or custom equipment, higher payload mechanical assembly, palletizing or packing, and tote or carton handling.
The CR-35iA robot offers a wide range of collaborative and safety features and benefits, including:
- Industry’s first 35 kg payload collaborative robot that can work with humans in a shared workspace without safety fences.
- Works in cooperation with a human operator in a variety of applications including assembly and heavy-duty part transfer.
- Stops safely when it touches a human operator.
- Soft green cover minimizes impact force and prevents human operators from being pinched.
- Certified to meet the requirements of international standards ISO 10218-1.
- Supports FANUC’s latest intelligent functions such as iRVision.
- Designed with the same high reliability as FANUC’s conventional robots.
Next Generation R-30iB Controller:
The FANUC R-30iB Controller uses high-performance hardware and the latest advances in network communications, integrated iRVision, and motion control functions. The R-30iB Controller features FANUC’s exclusive and easy-to-use iPendant with 4D graphics. The i Pendant displays process information and the actual process path directly on the iPendant screen, enabling easier setup and troubleshooting.
Based on the latest FANUC Series 30iB CNC Controller, the R-30iB Robot Controller is compact, providing customers a significant space savings. The R-30iB Controller is also energy efficient, requiring less power consumption than previous models, and available with an optional power regeneration feature.