Instron (United States) - Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is based within Instron’s Service Department and will be located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
We are looking for a Global Service Product Manager who will take ownership of all Service product lines and collaborate with our Business, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams as well as senior leaders and key customers to build and enhance our portfolio of Service products.
The global nature of the role affords huge opportunity in being able to deliver a product across disparate markets and tailor the approach in each region for success.You will have the expertise and support of subject matter experts, who are highly skilled at the specific technical aspects of the products and services that Instron provides. Your job is to lead across these cross-functional teams and determine where customer value lies & how best to deliver it. You will need to be comfortable managing & shifting gears between short, medium & long term projects.
This role offers an interesting mix of Product Development and Marketing.
- Work closely across function and use our framework to clearly define the service product vision, positioning, competitive differentiation and promotion as well as Go-To-Market strategy
- Actively manage our service product funnel, integrating market knowledge, strategic insight and a strong user focus. Taking our ideas from concept to new product introduction within the agreed timeline and involving others where necessary to assist
- Managing the service product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Performing market research and competitive analysis to progress our product strategy
- Gatekeeper for our portfolio of service products this will include but is not limited to ensuring the generation of new service catalogue numbers is controlled and all our business systems are updated with latest information including price and revenue recognition flows etc. As well as simplification and rationalization of existing products.
- Analyze potential partner relationships to accelerate new product development
- With the wider team develop and deliver new product information and product updates including training to stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, engineering, support teams and customers)
- Define key operational metrics and establish an efficient process to track progress and report regularly on these metrics, including adoption and user satisfaction
- A B2B service product subject matter expert
Key Competencies (includes skills):
- Positive “can do” attitude with a willingness to succeed
- Ability to visualize information refine and define processes
- Superior working knowledge of MS products (Power BI and Agile would be advantageous)
- Possess an entrepreneurial and pragmatic approach to product development and be able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, analytical / critical thinking skills
- Naturally customer-centric, analytical with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong business judgment
- Capable of working within the desired timescale and budget
- Thorough understanding of general Business Processes & Workflows
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering or a related field
- Project Management or Business Analysis
The ideal candidate will also have:
- 3+ years of B2B service product development experience (concept through go-to-market)
- 3+ years of product management/strategy experience
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.