Interface, Inc. (United States) - We are looking for a Manufacturing Design Engineer I or II. Please read further for more information.
MANUFACTURING DESIGN ENGINEER I SUMMARY:
The Manufacturing Design Engineer I position will develop strain gage-based transducer products in the form of load cells and torque transducers as assigned. The position will interact with sales, engineering, manufacturing, and customers in the performance of their duties. A desire to learn the methods and techniques behind precision force and torque measurement are essential for success.
MANUFACTURING DESIGN ENGINEER II SUMMARY:
The Manufacturing Design Engineer II position requires a knowledge of strain gage transducer technologies, some familiarity with the different basic transducer designs and materials selection, a basic knowledge of machining capabilities and joining technologies. This position requires excellent communication skills for interaction with sales, engineering, manufacturing, and customers. The position will develop force and torque measurement solutions to meet customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR DESIGN ENGINEER I:
- Responsible for all steps from concept through production release of variants of existing products for customer force and torque measurement requirements.
- Ensures the on-time release of drawings, work instructions, bill of materials, product specifications, and completion of new product design reviews.
- Performs engineering laboratory testing of product or processes as directed.
- Analyzes production and experimental data and reports on findings.
- Determines cost and non-recurring engineering charges for new product versions as assigned.
- Answers technical questions from sales, production, repair, machining, and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR DESIGN ENGINEER II:
- Responsible for all steps from concept through production release of products for customer force and torque measurement requirements.
- Production release will include variants of existing designs up through the development of new models.
- Participate and contribute to design reviews and design for manufacturability sessions.
- Proposes improvements to existing force and torque measurement products including design changes, manufacturing methods, and materials used.
- Responsible for the evaluation of new opportunities. Evaluates both financial and technical feasibility. Determines cost and non-recurring engineering charges for new product versions.
- Supports production, repair, machining, and quality departments as a technical resource for various processes (welding, assembly, calibration) as well as part root cause failure analysis and the development of corrective actions.
- Provides technical guidance to other engineers in product design, materials selection, bills of materials (BOMs), component stress analysis (FEA), electronic concepts associated with load cell and torque transducer compensation and signal conditioning.
- Supports Sales with technical information and concept proposals.
- Aides in the development of qualification plans and qualification testing of new products and processes. Analyzes data and reports on findings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE FOR DESIGN ENGINEER I:
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry
- 2 years minimum direct experience in product design and manufacturing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE FOR DESIGN ENGINEER II:
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry
- 5 years minimum direct experience in design of strain gage-based measurement products.
- Experience in both low (or prototype) and high-volume manufacturing environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and a drug screen.
We are a drug and alcohol-free workplace, pre-employment screening required. EOE M/F/D/V
Expected Schedule: 7am-4pm
About Interface, Inc.:
Interface, Inc. leads the world in force measurement solutions; designing, manufacturing, and we guarantee the highest quality performance load cells, torque transducers, multi-axis sensors, and related instrumentation available. Our plant includes corporate offices, state of the art manufacturing facility, accredited calibration laboratory and multi-faceted machine shop.
Our engineering team provides force measurement solutions to the aerospace, automotive, energy, factory automation, medical which includes the test and measurement industries as well. Interface products can measure from grams to millions of pounds in hundreds of models and physical sizes. By maintaining the entire process, from design, machining, strain gage manufacturing and assembly, and in our own facilities, we can ensure the highest degree of performance possible.
Our reach and influence is global as the preeminent force measurement solutions supplier to Fortune 100 companies worldwide, including Boeing, Airbus, NASA, Ford, GM, Johnson & Johnson, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and National Metrology Institute of Germany (PTB) and thousands of certified calibration labs. Our in-house calibration labs, certified to ISO-17025 and ANSI Z540.1, support a variety of test standards including ASTM E74, ISO-376, and many others.
$65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year