Times-7 (New Zealand) - Founded over 15 years ago, Times-7 has become a recognised leader in RAIN RFID products and solutions and continues to maintain its position. We achieve this by designing, manufacturing, and distributing fixed RAIN (UHF) RFID reader antennas globally from our premises in Petone, New Zealand. Over 95% of our business is outside of New Zealand. As a high-tech manufacturer, ensuring the flow of critical components and providing information for effective production planning is complex and vital to meeting our business growth objectives.
About the role
As our Product Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the accurate and efficient management of product data for our manufacturing business and play a key role in ensuring we meet our global certification requirements.
In this role, you will develop and implement data quality control measures, support data analysis & reporting, and provide insights to inform product development and manufacturing processes.
- design, implement, and maintain systems for managing product data, including. specifications, bills of materials (BoMs), technical drawings, etc.
- maintain and enhance our product data management system, ensure accurate version control and that everyone has access to the correct product information.
- contribute to or develop CAD / Solidworks drawings.
- collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and integrate product data from various sources.
- create and manage data models, schemas, and metadata structures for efficient storage and retrieval of product data.
Your expertise in data-driven decision-making and engineering product data management will be critical to the success of our manufacturing business.
You will bring:
- 3+ years of experience in engineering product data management, data engineering, or related roles in a manufacturing environment.
- CAD / Solidworks drawing skills
- experience setting up and following processes – file structures and data management.
- Knowledge of data modelling, querying, and warehousing techniques.
- Familiarity with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
- A diploma in Engineering, Architectural drafting or a related field is an advantage.
If you are currently employed in the fields of manufacturing, logistics, quantity surveying, or project management - and you're involved in conducting project calculations, generating documentation, and working with CAD, we’d love to hear from you.
You are analytically minded and have strong problem-solving skills. You excel in written communication and can collaborate well with cross-functional teams. Your strong attention to detail and structured change management will ensure that the processes you manage contribute to the overall quality of our product data management system.
In return for your skills and experience, you will join a globally recognised leader in RAIN RFID products and solutions, have the opportunity to contribute to NPD projects and take the lead on ensuring we meet our certification requirements as a business. You will have the chance to work in a dynamic and exciting industry with a team of like-minded individuals passionate about their work.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and join a company that values its employees, we want to hear from you. We've partnered with Enlighten Talent for the recruitment of this position. Apply now!
We are unable to support the visa process, so please only apply if already hold full valid work rights for New Zealand.