- Increase Omron sales through a fundamental knowledge of entire portfolio of products and applications including Industrial Components, Automation Technologies and Safety solutions to help customers solve problems.
- Develop meaningful relationships with customers and distributors within a specified geographic region.
- Through appropriate investigation, understand customer needs intimately and work with Omron team members to offer bundled solutions that resolve known issues and can be replicated to other customers.
- Conduct market analysis and create development plan for the region to optimize sales coverage with other Omron sales members and existing distributors.
- In conjunction with Omron sales management, establish target accounts and sales goals for distributors and their sales people that match Omron's product and application competencies, and create a mutual action plan.
- In conjunction with Omron sales management, conduct reviews with assigned distributors to review progress per established plan. Coordinate sales efforts, administer distributor leads, and manage the transition of accounts and business where it is deemed necessary.
- Manage a "Sales Funnel" or "Rolling Job Log" of the incremental opportunities for Omron Electronics in the territory.
- Makes joint sales calls with distributors where there is significant opportunity for Omron Electronics. Provide "on the job" training to distributor sales personnel on Omron products and sale skills.
- Complete assigned reporting activities in a timely manner.
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Represents the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in sales of industrial automation or similar products.
- Five (5) years of experience managing distributors or distribution channel.
- Sales experience with some or all of the following products: Machine Vision Systems, Motion Control (Servos, Drives, Controllers and Motors), PLC/HMI (hardware, software and interfaces), Components (Sensors, Relays and Switches), Safety (Light Curtains, Controllers, Sensors and E-Stops) and Auto ID (Barcode and RFID).
- Ability to evaluate the financial strength of a business.
- Ability to conduct market analysis to determine business opportunities and market penetration.
- Energetic, aggressive and focused.
- Highly motivated self-starter and financially driven.
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally.
- Good organization skills.
- Team player mentality but able to work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning, and communication skills.
- Approximately 25% travel.
- 2014 National Best and Brightest Company to Work For!
- 2013-2015 Winner for one of the 75 Best Places to Work in Illinois!
- 2011-2015 Winner for one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago!
Omron Automation and Safety, headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, is the Americas industrial automation subsidiary of Omron Corporation, a $7 billion global technology company celebrating 75 years of success. Led by a management team where each member has 20+ years of experience in Industrial Automation, we are a midsize firm with a corporate culture of quality and customer satisfaction. As we strive to grow the company and our market share, this position offers the potential to make a solid impact on the organization.
Omron's corporate core value of "working for the benefit of society" applies to our unique technical competencies in the areas of industrial automation, safety, security, environmental protection and healthcare in pursuit of a brighter future for all. As a corporate citizen that has long recognized and encouraged the importance of giving back to local communities and helping those less fortunate, Omron has demonstrated this over the years by designing a manufacturing facility which employs the disabled, making donations to aide those impacted by natural disasters, and sponsoring an annual Omron Day in which employees volunteer in the local communities across the globe.
Other Articles from Omron (USA)
© Omron (USA) / Automation Inside