“Due to the increasing adoption of high bandwidth power devices in industrial applications, such as PTZ/outdoor HD cameras and wireless APs with IEEE 802.11n and IEEE 802.11ac capabilities, a switch with IEEE 802.3at abilities while featuring Gigabit Ethernet solutions is essential for a smooth network communication.” explained Gary Chang, a product manager at Moxa’s Industrial Ethernet Infrastructure Division. “The new EDS-G512E-8PoE series feature 8 Gigabit PoE+ ports allowing for large bandwidth transmissions and up to 30 watts of power in its standard mode. For heavy-duty PDs (power devices) requiring a higher voltage, the EDS-G512E-8PoE series also allow up to 36 watts of power output. The series ensure a sufficient power supply for your mission-critical, power-sensitive applications, making it the best Gigabit PoE+ solution to date.”
The EDS-G512E-8PoE is designed with a series of smart management tools that simplify the process of remotely controlling and monitoring the power devices. The tools include a power management function to optimize the system accordingly, thus lightening its burden, and a diagnostic function to detect PD conditions with failure detection and LED indicators. Other features, such as 3 kV LAN surge protection, -40 to 75°C wide temperature tolerance, Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain technology, and Moxa’s industrial network management software, are also included to guarantee network reliability and uptime.
EDS-G512E-8PoE Series Features
- Up to 30 watts of power per PoE+ port in standard mode and up to 36 watts for heavy-duty devices.
- 8 Gigabit copper ports and 4 SFP Gigabit fiber slots for large bandwidth data transmission.
- SmartPoE management tools for easy operation and monitoring of PoE powered devices.
- 3 kV LAN surge protection and -40 to 75°C operating temperature tolerance.
- Supports MXstudio industrial network management suite for large-scale deployments and management.