The FSU-SSB is a fast, compact, high precision strain bridge input module delivering high resolution readings over USB and communicated directly to a PC. It is aimed at dynamic applications that require high speed measurement.
It delivers high speed measurements of 4800 samples per second at 13 bits noise free resolution.
Simply by plugging the USB strain device into a PC, data can be measured from a sensor using the FSU-SSB for a wide range of high speed systems. This is achieved using the powerful Toolkit software, which has been developed in-house by our design engineers to provide optimised, fast viewing of data.
It allows the viewing of input status and module information, simple switching between engineering units as well as two part calibration, high speed navigation and FFT frequency component analysis. Data can be exported to a CSV file.
This free-standing module is fitted with 9-way ‘D’ type socket for connection to the strain bridge or load cell while a micro USB socket allows connection to a PC and does not require external power. A DIN rail mounting option is also available.
- Simple USB 'Plug and Measure' device connects directly to a PC, allowing quick setup
- High speed measurements at 4800 samples per second 13 bit noise free resolution allows greater accuracy
- Ideal for impact, drop, non-rotational torque, vibration and materials testing
- Easy connection to intuitive, powerful FSU Toolkit software - view the tutorial video
- Extremely low temperature drift provides accuracy of measurement over a wide temperature range
- Simple connection to sensor using 9 way D-type
- Input sensitivity of ±3 mV/V making it suitable for most strain bridge sensors - alternative input sensitivities available on request
- Works in tension and compression
- Drive capability for up to four 350 Ohm sensors
- Supplied with micro USB cable
- Factory mV/V calibration, user calibration in engineering units
- Branded options available