Intended for SMB environments, the DNA 1720 is designed with Annapurna’s quad-core ARM® Cortex®-A15 processor and a total of sixteen GbE LAN ports. In network communication the DNA 1720 offers high computing power required of firewall, UTM, and VPN applications, while the DNA 1720’s high port density allows it to manage all inbound and outbound network traffic.
By leveraging high-bandwidth SGMII connections to speed up network processing, the DNA 1720 can act as a control point, scanning for viruses and exploits without impairing network operations. Also, the DNA 1720 supports the design of the perimeter network with DMZ implementation to keep external-facing servers and services, such as FTP requests, from secure subnets.
For different installation environments, the DNA 1720 allows various WAN connections to connect to outbound networks. Besides one WAN port, the DNA 1720 can be configured with VDSL, Wi-Fi and 3G/4G connectivity to provide alternatives to and/or backups for a wired network. For instance, NEXCOM has developed dual-band dual-concurrent 3x3 802.11n and 802.11ac modules for accessing high speed wireless broadband networks. Power over Ethernet (PoE) connection is another feature that comes in handy for offices in remote locations where power supply is an issue and for simplified cabling of Wi-Fi APs, IP cameras, VoIP phones, and office appliances.
Also, a RJ45 and mini-USB ports are provided to help IT administrators access the command line interface (CLI) for management purposes.
- Annapurna AL314, a quad-core 1.7GHz ARM® Cortex®-A15 based processor
- Onboard 2GB SLC NAND flash with support for up to 4 GB and 1, 2 or 4 multiple NAND flash to save cost for higher density
- Onboard 2GB 64bit DDR3 (4x256Mx16bit) and 8bit ECC with supports of 32/64bit memory configurations and up to 4GB
- Two 2.5G SGMII to provide higher bandwidth connection between CPU and Ethernet Switch
- Support up to 2x 802.3at or 4x 802.3af PoE ports (Optional)
- Support up to 2x PCIe Wi-Fi modules for dual-band dual-concurrent 3x3 11n/11ac (Optional) with three antennas
- Support VDSL2 daughter board for both ANSI and ETSI (Optional)