Nexen Group, Inc. introduces Profile Guide Rail Brakes, Generation II. With the addition of two new models, the range of sizes has increased to 15 mm to 65 mm. Nexen’s Generation II Rail Brakes provide fast engagement at 0.049 to 0.230 seconds, higher static holding force to 3,400 N (764 lbs.) and can be combined to provide even higher holding forces as needed. They offer maintenance-free operation and are fully compatible with all 16 major rail manufacturers including Lintec, NB PMI Rockford and SBC Rail, making them an ideal redundant, spring set braking system for a wide range of OEM and after-market applications.
Benefits of Nexen’s Profile Rail Brakes, Generation II, include:
- Highest spring engaged / air released holding force on the market
- Provides stiffness and eliminates vibration in linear drives
- Brake geometry is similar to linear bearing cassettes for easy installation
- Field serviceable friction facing replacement
- Ideal for power-off, e-stop and holding applications
- Low backlash for accurate position holding
- Large clearance between brake and rail compensates for installation misalignment
- No lubrication or periodic maintenance required
- Models available to fit most common profile guide rails
- Large friction facing contact area for consistent performance and low rail wear
About Nexen Group, Inc.:
Our heritage is built on producing technically superior products while providing the highest level of customer support. As a leading manufacturer of precision motion control components, power transmission and web tension control products, Nexen works to remain at the forefront of cutting edge engineering and production excellence. Our production capabilities include computerized control and testing systems, dry cutting applications, special coating processes, over 80 multi-axis precision CNC machine tools and automated assembly. By working with Nexen, our customers experience innovations that adhere to industry specifications, optimize their metrics and provide solutions focused on increased uptime, longer machine life and reduced maintenance.