"Designed for zero backlash holding and emergency stopping, the I-300 brake is ideal for indexers and positioning systems. The spring-engaged, air-released, patented braking element locks and holds the shaft in position without any displacement or reversing of the load. It is flange- or shaft-mounted and has a keyless compression bushing shaft connection for easy installation; when flange-mounted, it is IP67-rated. High torque and short response time ensure the shortest possible stopping distance and precise holding. Brakes can be stacked for additional holding power or redundant braking", shared Nexen.
Key features for the I-300 brake include zero backlash for precise holding, high dynamic torque of 600 Nm (5300 in-lbs.), and torsional stiffness of 8,341,193 Nm/rad (6,152,148 ft-lbs. per radian). The brake is spring engaged and air released with a pressure of 4.1 bar (60 psi), the engagement response time is 85 milliseconds. The I-300 is stackable for double the braking torque. Horizontal or vertical mounting is possible. The brake mounts to a bearing supported shaft, the flange mounts to the machine frame.
Summary of key features:
- Zero backlash for precise holding
- High dynamic torque: 600 Nm (5300 in-lbs.)
- Torsionally stiff: 8,341,193 Nm/rad (6,152,148 ft-lbs. per radian)
- Spring engaged, air released: 4.1 bar (60 psi)
- Engagement response time: 85 milliseconds
- Stackable for double the braking torque
- Horizontal or vertical mounting
- Flange mounts to machine frame
- Mounts to a bearing supported shaft