Seeq Corporation announces the release of R15, the newest version of Seeq, an application for engineers and operations analysts in process manufacturing to rapidly achieve insights from asset and operations data. R15 accelerates all aspects of the user and organization experience with Seeq, enabling broader adoption of current deployments in the oil & gas, pharmaceutical, chemical, energy, and food and beverage industries.
At the OSIsoft European User Conference last week in The Hague, Abbott Nutrition showed their use of R15 in the “Productivity and Quality Improvements Through Continuous Contextualization of PI” presentation. In this use case, Seeq enabled insights into production and asset optimization, eliminating hours of tedious and manual work to create production reports. For Abbott engineers, Seeq is the first offering in a new generation of application software available to engineers in the process industry. Using Seeq resulted in improved asset availability and optimized yield metrics on product measurement metrics.
Seeq R15 delivers features and capabilities addressing the span of requirements for larger and broader deployments for existing users, as well as making Seeq easier to deploy for new users.
These features include:
- Easier for new users: As deployments expand, Seeq R15 delivers easier to use search, customized trending views, date manipulations, and asset comparisons
- New Functions and Arithmetic Operators: Seeq R15 end-user improvements include data cleansing and regression functions for modeling multi-variate analysis, as well as improved variable and operator functionality for process calculations
- Enterprise Data Support: Seeq R15 expands process historian support to include Honeywell PHD, Wonderware Historian, Yokogawa Exaquantum Historian, and GE Proficy Historian. This adds to existing support for the OSIsoft PI System, Emerson Automation Solutions DeltaV Continuous Historian, and Inductive Automation’s Ignition SCADA system
- Relational Database Integration: Seeq R15 simplifies integration with relational database offerings such as Microsoft SQL Server and its open-source alternative MySQL, as well as CSV file formats, to create batch and state context from manufacturing applications
- Data Wrangling: Seeq replaces the hours of manual effort required to aggregate, cleanse, and contextualize data in spreadsheets. R15 adds improved support for data export via an OData interface for reporting and dashboards
- Enterprise Scalability: Seeq R15 now supports multi-node deployments for high availability deployments in distributed enterprise environments
R15 is the 4th release of Seeq software in 2016, and is available to subscribers immediately.
“Our software subscription and delivery model means we are delivering new features and value very quickly,” says Steve Sliwa, CEO and co-founder of Seeq Corporation. “R15 delivers on our efforts to rapidly address user feedback to enable new levels of insight and efficiency for our customers."
To accelerate awareness and familiarity of Seeq features and functionality, Seeq has also created a new playlist on its YouTube channel. Called “Seeq University,” this set of videos demonstrates the capabilities of Seeq features across all aspects of the product including search, trending, data-search, formulas, and more.
About Seeq Corporation:
Founded in 2013, Seeq is a privately held company that publishes Seeq, an application for engineers and operations analysts to rapidly find insights in process manufacturing data. Seeq is currently being used in the Oil & Gas, pharmaceutical, specialty chemical, utility, renewal energy and many other vertical industries to improve production outcomes, including yield, margins, quality, and safety. Seeq is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with employees across the United States and sales representation in Canada, Europe, and South America.