Sierra Wireless, a leading provider of fully integrated device-to-cloud solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced support for Google Cloud IoT Core, a fully managed service that allows users to easily and securely connect and manage devices at global scale.
Cloud IoT Core, together with other Google Cloud services, such as Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Bigtable, BigQuery, and Data Studio, provide a complete solution for collecting, processing, analyzing, and visualizing IoT data in real time to support improved operational efficiency.
Sierra Wireless’ device-to-cloud solution, which includes embedded wireless modules, gateways, and cloud and connectivity services, links businesses to their operational data. The solution provides intelligence at the edge, secured device provisioning and managed services, such as device monitoring and software updates. Sierra Wireless has been working with Google since 2015 to enable Pub/Sub integration of its AirVantage® IoT Platform with Google Cloud services. Now, with support for Google Cloud IoT Core, Sierra Wireless customers have more options to access the entire Google ecosystem out of the box.
Key features of the new Cloud IoT Core solution:
- End-to-end security - Enable end-to-end security using certificate-based authentication and TLS; devices running Android Things or ones supporting the Cloud IoT Core security requirements can deliver full stack security.
- Out-of-box data Insights - Use downstream analytic systems by integrating with Google Big Data Analytics and ML services.
- Serverless infrastructure: Scale instantly without limits using horizontal scaling on Google’s serverless platform.
- Role-level data control - Apply IAM roles to devices to control access to devices and data.
- Automatic device deployment - Use REST APIs to automatically manage the registration, deployment and operation of devices at scale.
“Cloud IoT Core was designed to simplify digital transformation by helping customers to leverage Google Cloud’s data analytics and machine learning capabilities and act on insights, in real time, from operational data that was previously inaccessible,” said Adam Massey, Director, Strategic Technology Partners at Google Cloud. “By working with industry leaders like Sierra Wireless, we are expanding the surface of innovation to help more customers realize the value of connected devices for their businesses.”