VIA Technologies, Inc., announced the launch of the Vtric Active Optical Cable brand.
Initially, three Vtric products will be available for purchase from the VIA Store: HDMI 1.4 10m AOC, HDMI 2.0 10m AOC, and USB 3.0 10m AOC for $139, $229 and $239 respectively.
Vtric Active Optical Cables ensure ultra-fast data transmission with bandwidth up to 18Gbps for the HDMI 2.0 model. VIA SprintStream™ technology boosts cable performance, enabling data to travel at faster speeds and over longer distances. Added advantages of SprintStream™ include low attenuation and reduced electromagnetic interference.
Other key features include:
- Robust protective fiber coating to increase durability
- Gold-plated connectors to improve longevity and the quality of connection
- Lightweight slim design intended for versatility and mobility
“The overwhelming growth of higher definition video and images for entertainment, machine vision, and video wall applications is leading to greater demand for reliable high-bandwidth connections,” said Richard Brown, VP International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “To meet this rising need, we have designed cables composed of premium quality components with leading-edge technology that provide headroom for the future.”
Vtric Active Optical Cables are optimized for five main environments:
- Home: Consumers are demanding higher quality entertainment for a fully immersive experience. Screens have developed from HD to UHD and call for a cable to deliver breathtaking visuals seamlessly around the house. Vtric Active Optical Cables are future-proof for next-generation VR applications and ensure optimum resolution quality for home theater, gaming, personal computing, and surveillance applications
- Factory: With the explosion in machine vision applications for improved industrial quality control processes, the need for rugged high-speed cables that can transmit huge volumes of data between systems for real-time analysis will be critical. 24/7 operation in tough conditions, over long distances, and without signal degradation is equally important
- Studio: For outstanding audio and video production, computer noise needs to limited and picture quality needs to be impeccable. In the bustling hubbub of the studio, where big files have to be sent now for deadlines yesterday, Vtric Active Optical Cables can complete these transfers in a nanosecond
- Retail: Brands are making huge efforts to deliver the right message at the right time through high-resolution, sophisticated images and video on digital signage systems and intuitive point of sale (POS) automation systems. Vtric Active Optical Cables have been tailored to transmit high quantities of data between these systems in a busy shopping environment
- Medical: In the field of medical imaging, Vtric Active Optical Cables transmit high-resolution images without interference from external sources. Vtric cables create the reliable, secure connection needed in this area of work