Automation Inside Awards 2020
Nominated for Best Control Systems
Minebea Intec Maxxis 5 Weight Controller
The freely programmable controller Maxxis 5 is designed for applications as diverse as Phase, Batching, Filling, IBC, Counting and Truck Weighing. The weight controller provides extensive connectivity options and compatibility with all analogue and digital load cells as well as platform scales and many more weighing solutions.
- Connection of up to four scales
- 5.7" large colour display with multilingual interface and integrated help function for intuitive operation
- Multiple interface possibilities: Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus TCP, Profibus DP, DeviceNet, Profinet, Ethernet/IP and USB
- Equipped with an internal web server, the Maxxis 5 can be configured and controlled via any standard web browser
- Automatic backup function saving data to SD cards for full transparency and traceability
Utilcell Matrix II - High Performance Industrial Dosing Controller by Weight
UTILCELL (Spain) - The Matrix II is used in industrial automation for dosing products by using weighing technologies as one of the most accurate methods of measurement. The Matrix II is a weighing indicator that provides dosing functions for controlling the charge and discharge of products in filling machinery. Its main characteristics are:
- Alphanumeric weighing indicator with graphic display.
- Extensive connectivity capabilities, databases for weighbridge and dosing applications.
- Stainless steel enclosure, desktop or panel mounting.
- Analogue and digital load cell connection.
- Multiple scale inputs: one or two scales, with an optional third scale through the RS-485.
- Configurable languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.
- Printing all parameters of the device, by a printer or PC, through the hyper terminal.
- Connectivity: Two RS-232, one RS-485 and one additional free port
- Selectable Applications: Weighbridge application for truck scales
- Software for management of vehicle weighing in entrance and exit in plants, with first and second weighing.
- Databases for storing all data (truck number, products, customers / suppliers, truck pre-fixed tare values, etc.).
- Printing of weighing tickets with first and second weight ticket with programmable tickets.
- Listings filtered by any required database field.
- Transfer the databases to a PC in an .xls file (Excel sheet).
- Controls of barriers and traffic lights directly by the indicator.
- Filling a truck at 1 or 2 speeds with an automatic in-flight material correction.
- Standard first and second weight ticket with the possibility of customizing programmable tickets.
- Selectable Applications: Industrial application & dosing
- Weight-Tare (gross-net).
- Piece counting by weight or per unit.
- Gross / tare / net and totalizer tickets programmable.
- Totalizations (accumulation of weights with partial and final printing).
- Up to 20 programmable pre-fixed tares, list, editing and erasing from databases.
- Dosing: Charge, discharge of 1 product at 1 or 2 speeds (coarse + fine), with possibility to program up to 99 cycles.
- Control of the in-flight material by an internal algorithm that evolves at every dosing.
- Possibility of a start and stop function on a cycle or process.
Hardy HI4060 Rate Controller
Hardy's HI 4060 is a compact, single-feeder, closed-loop rate controller for use in a variety of applications, including auger, belt and vibratory-based feeders, converting them from volumetric to gravimetric. After supplying excitation to the load sensors and digitizing the weight signal, the rate controller provides an analog output to control the feeder speed and adjusts this signal based on the required rate at which the feeder is losing weight.
The rate controller will watch your process and notify you of problems. It accounts for materials in flight and learns over multiple feeds the best cut-off time. Display Prompts and alarm relay outputs occur with tolerance errors and other failures. By entering specific control parameters, you decide at which levels to alarm or shut down the application. You can also assign three different security levels to each function.
The HI 4060 loss-in-weight rate controller features:
- Automatic closed loop control: continuously adjusts the feeder to deliver the desired feed rate
- True five-point automatic rate calibration: produces high feed accuracy for a wide range of feed rates
- Multiple configuration storage: stores hundreds of different system configurations
- Automatic feeder refill: starts and stops refilling without interrupting the feeding of material
- Convenient manual mode: allows manual speed control, with switch to automatic control at the touch of a button
- Various alarms, including rate tolerance and disturbance
- Embedded web server for remote access
- Communications: optional DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, Remote I/O, Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, and Analog
The HI 4060 is a powerful building block when it comes to multiple feeder systems. It can act as a master to multiple controllers or as a slave to other HI 4060s, HI 4050s or other process inputs.
The HI 4060 rate controller features the Hardy Process Toolbox, a set of productivity tools that support process weighing functions. Each tool saves time, increases accuracy, improves efficiency or reduces risk in process weighing applications.
- WAVERSAVER® to eliminate the effects of surrounding vibration for fast, stable weight display
- C2® electronic calibration without test weights
- A Secure Digital (SD) Memory Module card for fast transfer of configuration data
- INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN® for system diagnostics and troubleshooting
General Measure Multi-function Cotroller: M04
Comprehensive Upgrade Weighing Controller with OIML and Various Optional Software Embedded.
M04 Weighing Controller with single or double hopper is specially designed for weighing relevant system. There are several options that can be chose to tailor your business.
The new algorithm simplifies the operation and enhances the working efficiency and accuracy. USB port and two serial communication ports makes it easier to connect with the system.
Various Software Options
- Bagging scale
- Bulk scale
- Liquid filling
- 5 inch TFT LCD concise operation interface
- Automatic Zero-Tracking function
- Two serial communication ports to connect with printer, computer or a second display
- Programmable I/O module: 8 in and 12 out I/O module as standard, 12 in and 16 out as extending option
Flexible and easy to use
- With USB port, users can input and output all parameters, as well as upgrade system.
- Selectable A/D: 120/240/480/960 times/sec
- 20 recipes can be stored for different weighing capacity.
- Widely used in packing system with or without a weighing material hopper