Precisa (Germany/Austria) - New Job Opportunity: Regional Sales Manager.
Germany and Austria Sales Manager - General Laboratory Products for Precisa and Froilabo.
Are you looking for a career move into a fast-moving, international, entrepreneurial business without the bureaucracy and formalities of the bigger corporate? Due to our ongoing business growth we’re hiring a Regional Sales Manager into a brand-new role to further develop and strengthen our commercial proposition in Germany and Austria – you’ll enjoy identifying and introducing new customers and growing sales. It’s a really exciting time to join us.
Both Precisa and Froilabo are well established brands; Precisa is a leading Swiss manufacturer of analytical and precision balances while Froilabo is a French manufacturer of Ultra Low Temperature Freezers. Both brands have an exciting portfolio of new products and are part of Techcomp Instruments, a fast growing global technology business that owns a number of innovative Scientific Instrument manufacturers across Europe. As Country Manager, you will represent these brands and co-ordinate in-region activity with the other brands in the group.
Reporting to the Chief Executive of Precisa (who is based at our factory near Zurich), you will build upon solid foundations with a strong and loyal customer base in the region. As Regional Sales Manager you will help us introduce new products and grow our market share. You will also help us to establish new group sales and service facilities in the Frankfurt region to support our growth and be a key member of our management team. You will work closely with the Chief Executive of our Lab Products Division who is based in Paris and with our Head Office team in Edinburgh, Scotland and will be required to travel as required.
Main duties will include:
- Taking over the management of existing Precisa distribution partners
- Recruitment of new distribution partners
- Assistance and co-ordination of activities and information with Scotland based marketing and product management team to share ideas and market intelligence
- Support and communicate regularly with peers in the manufacturing operations in Switzerland, France, Romania and China.
- Provide support for tenders and opportunities with dealers in the region
- Visit new and existing customers and demonstrate our products
- A native German speaker
- Fluent English speaking (French would also be an advantage)
- Highly driven individual with a track record of over-achieving targets
- High degree of motivation and energy to generate new sales from initial opportunities
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- A good technical knowledge and level of understanding of analytical and life science environments and equipment required. With product training, capable of performing demonstrations and practical support to dealers and end-users.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality with an eye for detail
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Self-disciplined and able to self-manage day to day activities
- Willingness to travel regularly in the region, preferably residing near Frankfurt. The expectation is that 70% of your time will be spent outside of the office visiting customers and distributors.
Desired Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Scientific degree (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science or similar). Candidates who do not have formal qualifications but have demonstrable experience in the industry and have a good understanding of laboratory environments and their applications will also be considered
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be beneficial
- Experience in the balance marked would be highly advantageous
- The Company can only process applications from candidates who possess a valid German work permit and/or EU residency qualification
Our ideal candidate will have some previous experience gained from an SME environment, and ideally exposure to a global business would be beneficial. Service and results driven; you will be an excellent communicator with a passion for continuous improvement.
Have we sparked your interest?