Following a one-year construction period, today, on Friday 27, 2014 the HARTING Quality and Technology Center (HQT) officially opened its doors in connection with an inauguration ceremony. The Harting family, in their function as the company’s owners and managers, welcomed numerous representatives from the world of politics and the business arena to the headquarters in Espelkamp. Here, at the HQT, characterized by a striking architectural concept, HARTING will be researching new technologies, as well as developing quality products and solutions for the world of tomorrow.
“According to our vision, we want to shape the future with technologies for people. In opening our new HARTING Quality and Technology Center we have taken a decisive step forward in pursuing our course“, as Margrit Harting, Senior Vice President and Partner, was pleased to inform some 180 attending guests.
In his speech, Dietmar Harting, Chairman of the Board and personally liable partner, highlighted quality and technology as key drivers of innovation and growth. The new HQT will make major contributions to quality assurance throughout the technology group, as Dietmar Harting emphasized.
Dr. Frank Brode, board member Quality and New Technologies, also addressed the positive future aspects. “In establishing the HQT we made a conscious decision in favor of a transparent architectural concept fostering an open exchange of ideas. The open campus structure enables the addition of further areas, thereby driving future growth“. The realization of an energy concept featuring solar cells, LED lighting and wireless technologies is exemplary for other HARTING buildings, as Dr. Brode went on to explain.
In the name of the employees, Dr. Mareike Lauff, laboratory engineer at HARTING, thanked the owner family for the exceptional architectural concept. “In every corner and on every story it is tangible how the geometry has awakened the building to vibrant life. Short distances enable better communication options and thereby offer the best preconditions for a good team spirit“, as Dr. Lauff commented.
Following the official inauguration with various guided tours of the building, the extended HARTING family celebrated on grounds of Plant 1 in Espelkamp. Many of the company’s employees had invited their families and children. Into the early evening some 1,000 guests enjoyed various attractions and an assortment of culinary specialties.
In establishing the HQT HARTING made a conscious decision in favor of a transparent architectural concept fostering an open exchange of ideas. The open campus structure enables the addition of further areas.
- The fifties: 10 employees, foundation of the central laboratory for the testing and approval of the product range: connectors, automotive electronics, electromagnets, music boxes
- The nineties: 28 employees, HARTING obtains ISO 9001 certification, accreditation of the central laboratory in 1994
- As from 2010: 53 employees, initial major technology projects
- New building for further expansion
- One year construction period
- Bundling of competence
- Transparent architectural concept fostering an open exchange of ideas
- Further growth thanks to campus structure
- State of the art technologies geared to cooperation with the HARTING subsidiaries in Zhuhai (China) and Sibiu (Romania)
- Energy concept featuring solar cells, LED lighting and wireless technologies
- A total of around 5,000 square meters floor space
- 75 employees
- 1,000 test reports per year
- 100 simulation reports per year
- 10 technology projects per year
- Worldwide quality attendance of Global Business units and production plants
- Audit support (IRIS, TS 16949, Aerospace, CSR, ATEX)
Other Articles from Harting KGaA (Germany)
© Harting KGaA (Germany) / Automation Inside