With the 2015 acquisition of Vacon Inc., Danfoss Drives has become a global drives powerhouse with more than 5,000 drive specialists in 50+ countries around the world. Combining Vacon and Danfoss resources has created a formidable product portfolio that can now accommodate the needs of energy-intensive industries as diverse as: HVAC, water/wastewater, marine, oil/gas, mining, food/beverage, pulp/paper and chemicals. In North America alone, Danfoss has 8 locations serving the AC drives market, including 3 manufacturing facilities and 3 industry-specific competence and research and development centers.
New Advantages for OEMs and Machine Builders:
A combined sales force of 100+ drives specialists in North America allows Danfoss Drives to be closer to the customer in more markets than ever before. This increased collaboration enables Danfoss to pursue a greater level of specialization and provide more creative customized solutions for unique application needs. Key customer benefits include:
- Greater depth and breadth of products and services
- Deeper industry-specific knowledge and application engineering
- Stronger supply capacity
- Doubled customer service support
New Advantages for Distributors:
With a combined 68 years of drive application knowledge and an installed base of 18.5 million drives, Danfoss Drives is uniquely positioned to support distribution partners.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001certification and TS16469 compliance assure that distributors’ needs are met consistently, and that Danfoss products comply with applicable regulations.
- Combined production and R&D units in 7 countries ensure Danfoss has the capacity to meet growing global demand for infrastructure, food supply, energy efficiency and climate-friendly solutions.
- Expanded logistical capabilities are driving faster product delivery while reducing environmental impact.